Why are we publishing this notice?
Under Data Protection legislation we are required to respect your privacy and inform you about what information we collect about you, and what we do with that information.
What information do we collect about you?
We might have already collected personal information about you for which you have given your consent to us to hold and process that information. We also collect personal information about you when you contact us by post or electronic means such as but not limited to; email, social media posts or website sign -ups, and you will have given your consent at some point for us to hold and process your personal information. The information we collect if you have agreed to provide it usually includes your name and, email address(es), it could also include your postal address, phone number(s), details of your visit to our web site or from a social media post (IP or MAC address), marketing permissions, donations and other information you choose to supply.
How will we use your personal information?
We collect Personal Information about you to help the charity to:
- Communicate effectively with you about our products and services
- Raise funds through a limited number of appeals
- Share information with you about Life’s activities and events that might be of interest to you
- Aid effective management of Friends of Life, Life Groups and other volunteer teams
- Fulfil legal obligations including but not limited to Gift Aid or DBS checks
- Provide you with help or assistance you requested
- Facilitate delivery of our services to you
From time to time we will process your information or pass it to a third party with whom Life has Data Processor Agreement in place in order to facilitate the above activities, for example to a mailing house who send out newsletters on behalf of Life.
What about marketing?
Life will never canvass you by telephone or share your information with any external individual or organisation without your consent (unless required to fulfil a legal obligation as above). We would like to send you promotional information about the needs of the charity, various events and activities that the charity organises, newsletters, fundraising appeals and other marketing information. Life will make every effort to use your preferred channel of communication, be it post, email, telephone or other means.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 you have new rights that help you to be in control of the information Life holds about you.
- If you have consented to receive marketing communications, you may opt out at a later date.
- If you unsubscribe, Life will continue to hold your personal data unless you have asked for your details to be erased
- You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If at any time you no longer wish to be contacted, please tell us by email to GDPR@lifecharity.org.uk
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all, of your Personal Information, please email or write to us using the contact details below.
- We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date and you may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
- You may also ask us to cease to hold any or all of your Personal Information at any time.
Using our website
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How to contact us
- By email to: GDPR@lifecharity.org.uk
- By phone on: 01926 312272
- By mail to: Life (GDPR), Unit 4, Tancred Close, Leamington Spa CV31 3RZ